Thursday, December 06, 2007

More meetings

I have back to back to back meetings today. Lots of politics and hubris. It may get interesting.

I also have a free end-of-the-year lunch, but it is in the company Cafeteria, which is not exactly known for it's gormet delicacies. It is a place that supplies fuel for the body, not inspiration for the soul. Nobody is ever going to ask for the recipe for anything.

My take on a typical recipe:

Take one 55 gallon drum of pre-made potato soup mix.
Add water
Drag a clam through it on a string

Voila'!

Clam chowder.

8 comments:

Rick said...

Sounds like Army food.

Al said...

Rick: Pretty much the same except without the grease.

rennratt said...

If you want a true "chowder", there really should be some milk.

Add the powdered crap, eh?

Al said...

Renn: As a native of one of the areas that has maybe the best seafood on the planet, I agree that it ought to have milk. What they serve should have chowder in parenthesis.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Not a big fan of clam chowder...but I LOVE potato soup.

Clams can sometimes be gritty.....blech.

Al said...

PQ: GOOD clam chowder is never gritty. I agree it should not be a food that crunches.

pipper said...

Again you had me at, "free end-of-the-year lunch, but it is in the company Cafeteria, which is not exactly known for it's gormet delicacies." ME TOO!!! We are having ours December 14th and an awards thingy to top it off...you know the kind where all the favorite people of the year get an award proving that there are the choosen ones. I can't wait...I am soo counting down the days. But hey, who am I to turn down free food? At least I don't have to waste my gas going out to lunch that day and the folks I get to sit with are the fun bunch and it might actually be a fun time. I'll let you know. Yes, you are quickly becoming my favorite blogger :)

Al said...

Janelle: Only on one occasion has the Company provided superior food, and that was about ten years ago. To expect anything more than mediocre food would be setting oneself up for disappointmet.