Friday, December 21, 2007

Last Working Day of 2007

Today is the last working day of the year for me. At least the last working day I get paid for.

Tomorrow will not be a fun day. It is supposed to be 39 degrees and the rain coming sideways.

And of course I will be out in the weather most of the day, because I am going out to drag my two sports cars home. I have reserved a car dolly to be picked up at 9:00. So I will be out in the weather loading up cars and towing them home.

If you want to be a total pessimist, one of the local channels is predicting SNOW. But the weather channel and NOAA aren't. If I so much as see ONE snowflake I am going to run outside, shake my fist at the sky and yell "Who's in charge here?!. What the Heck do you think you are doing?! This is not funny! Who do you think you are anyway?"

It probably won't do any good, but it will make me feel better.

7 comments:

sue said...

They can't make up their minds what is happening here. They go from 1" snow, to 4-8", then ice, now back to 1". We'll know on Sunday how much we REALLY got on Saturday. ;)

Hope the weather cooperates for you. Happy Holidays!

Al said...

Sue: Our local weather broadcasters all attended the CHicken Little School of Broadcasting. Everything is always the immenent end of civilization as we know it.

Happy Holidays to you too.

Sarah said...

Happy last working day, and especially Happy all the days off, including Holidays!

Good luck with the weather--shaking your fist may not help, but if it makes you feel better, then it's worth something.

I figure, since John and I both have places to be Friday, we're bound to get stuck in Chicago Thursday night due to some horrendous blizzard. It just hasn't been predicted in Chicago yet--maybe what you're getting will move there just in time!

rennratt said...

My knees and back are more accurate than any meteorologist.

The weather this week was predicted as 'overcast, with some sun' for the past three days.

It has rained EVERY DAY. We need it; I'm not complaining.

But c'mon! Not even 'a chance of rain'?

Al said...

Sarah: Not going to work does not mean not working. But it is a whole lot better if I am doing something that I want to do.

Renn: My arthritic neck tells me that it will rain tomorrow. No snow (thank God!) Here in Latteland it is not a forecast if they predict rain, because it rains almost every day between Nov. 1st and April 30th.

pipper said...

You are too funny!! The weather here has been in one word, "CRAP!" I too need to go shake my hand at the sky, LOL

Al said...

Janelle: As I was coming home from dropping the kid off, the weathermas said the four letter word. Yep. The one that starts with "S"

Snow.