Monday, December 10, 2007

More useless information

In my endless pursuit of meaningless information I present the following:

What is the westernmost State in the U.S.?

First off you need to establish if this is the contiguous U.S. (that means does it touch at least one other State), and it is not.

The answer most people come up with is Hawaii. Most people are also wrong.

The correct answer is Alaska. The Aleutian Islands go farther west than Hawaii.

In the same spirit of Geography, what is the Easternmost State in the U.S.?

Most people would be wrong again.

It is not Maine or Florida, but once again Alaska.

The tip of the Aleutian Peninsula crosses the International Dateline. making it both.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Also northernmost! Though Hawaii does have the southernmost claim. I think? Geography has never been my strong point. Good trivia, though!

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Damn...I didn't know we were having a pop quiz! I didn't study!!!

;)

Al said...

Sarah: You could probably win a couple of beers in a bar bet with this information, so I guess it isn't totally useless.

PQ: I'm going to have to punish you. To the coat closet, now!

The Ferryman said...

Are you sure about this? Are you screwing with my head?

Al said...

Mr. Fab: While it gives me great pleasure to screw with your head, these are nontheless facts.