Thursday, September 18, 2008

All's Quiet on the Western Front

I talked to R. the other night just to see how things were going. She confesses that her biggest problem comes when she doesn't have enough to do. She has been using alcohol to fill the time when she doesn't have anything else to do. There are lots of cures for that. Like get off of your ass and go do something.

She was real excited when I talked to her. She wants real bad to go back to work, and "i" will be six months old soon, so she has hooked up with some agency that will help her get a job and day care. She misses having a car, misses having a job. Taking the bus everywhere is a giant pain in the ass, but if she hadn't gotten a DUI she would still be driving.

I am not going to bail her ass out and buy her a used car. She stiffed me for $5,000 last time I bailed her out (for the DUI). She promised me she would make payments. She made payment. As in one payment, and left me to pay off the loan. Last time I cosign anything for anyone.

Frankenhealey still defies me.

I will win in the end.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Man over machine, eh?

Hope R finds something good/productive/worthwhile to fill her time.

Al said...

Sarah: We will find out which of us is more stubborn, me or the car. There are lots of things R. could be doing, she just has to get off of her butt and do them.

Rick said...

She has a six-month-old and nothing to do? What's wrong with this picture?

Doo Dah said...

when I had a 6month old, I had no self.

It was eat poo sleep fuss play.

course, I floved being a momma. :-)

Al said...

Rick: Hard to cary on an intelligent conversation with a six month old.

doo dah: She loves being a mama, but not having the sperm donor around makes for little social interaction.

sue said...

Ah... kids are so much fun, aren't they?