Friday, September 19, 2008

Router crash

My wireless router crashed a couple of days ago. It started to go bad about a month ago. We couldn't log on to the Internet during peak hours (4 to 7). Then on Tuesday we couldn't log on at all. Usually if we torn off the modem and the wireless router, everything comes back on line.

Not this time.

I called Comcast and actually talked to a human being. And he spoke English as a first language! Must have been my lucky day.

Anyway, we went through several steps, and came to the conclusion that the wireless router had crashed. I ran down to Fry's (best damn Electronics store, ever). and eighty bucks later I now have a new and improved wireless router. Having a teenager handy, I gave it and the instructions to him to install.

I still have no Internet. What is coming in a world where a teenage electronic computer geek can't install a wireless router? I might have to DO IT MYSELF. Nothing good can come of this.

On a completely different note, Saturday will be Egg Roll Day. We always make a fun event of Egg Roll Day.

The recipe I have makes around 100 eggrolls, and takes a couple of hours. We start by going down to The Great Wall, an Asian Mall to get the ingredients, and look around and usually have lunch at one of the many Asian Restaurants. Buy the ingredients and a big bottle of Japanese Plum wine. Stop at the Video place and rent a new movie.

I mix up the ingredients, we put on the DVD and sit in front of the TV and roll egg rolls, watch the movie, and sip on the wine. It usually takes about the length of the movie to roll the egg rolls, and as the bottle of wine gets close to finished, I have to admit that the quality control on size and appearance falls off some. We save the lumpy and weird ones for ourselves. After all, they all taste the same.

Afterwards, giggling a little, we head off to the bedroom for....a nap, yeah, that's it, a nap.

5 comments:

Doo Dah said...

Yum, pass an eggroll this-a-way.

Have a great weekend Mr Al!

Al said...

doo dah: Consider one virtual eggroll on it's way.

Get out there and enjoy some fall weather. I know I will.

Sarah said...

Any chance you wanna share that there recipe? And assembly instruction? I'd be most grateful, once I stop drooling...

Al said...

Sarah: I will post the recipe one of these days.

rennratt said...

Yum.

If I had a few hundred dollars, I'd purchase an airline ticket to WA for dinner.