Friday, September 12, 2008

And I'd like a big heap of Confusion with that Please!

Of course everything is confused up here in my little corner of Latteland. Especially at work.

Yesterday the boss came around with a list of what we were to do and not do during the strike. It left everyone wondering WTF?. I came in this morning without a clue as to what I would be doing. For the most part I work well with no structure. I look around and figure out what needs to be done, and I go do it. I don't require any supervision or structure.

Where I get into trouble is when people try to impose structure on me when the STRUCTURE IS STUPID. Mainly because I will tell them I think it is stupid and explain to them WHY it is stupid and what could be done to eliminate the STUPIDITY.

t 'any rate, I came in this morning without a clue as to what I would be doing today.

The first instruction I heard: "Ignore everything you heard yesterday, and continue on as if the conversation never took place". Kinda like being told "Don't think about elephants". Or one on my favorites "The Jury will disregard the previous testimony"
Like that is gonna happen.
Or is possible.

So bring me a big ol' heap of confusion with a side order of chaos, and throw a little give-a-shit on that, would you?

9 comments:

Michael said...

This has been a crappy week in IT too, despite the fact the strike doesn't really affect us directly.

Al said...

Michael: It's like nobody knows what to do. As if Management hasn't been through this before.

Rick said...

Heh. You might've been sitting in my office for those conversations! It's the "seagull manager"... swoops in out of nowhere, makes a helluva lot of noise, shits all over everything, then disappears the way he came.

Al said...

Rick: I like that analogy. Never heard it before.

Sarah said...

I always wondered about that "disregard the previous testimony" thing....

Good luck with that there elephant.

Al said...

Sarah: A couple of days working on cars and taying about is always a cure for confusion for me. I will go back better grounded.

Doo Dah said...

LOL!

isnt the corporate world special?

Wouldnt want you lackies that arent on strike to do anything, um, not do anything.

Huh?

sue said...

I always think that about trials... "the jury will disreguard"...yeah, right.

Hope thing straighten out for you soon!

Al said...

doo dah: Nothin' says lovin' like a strike and Corporate Bullflinging.

Sarah: A couple of days of working on cars will keep me centered (and humble).