Monday, September 08, 2008

Motivation

I got none.

The Mechanics are on strike, so nothing is going on in the shop. It is eerie to walk through the shop. The assembly building is huge. It will hold seven 737s end to end with plenty of space in between them. If you go out there right now, you may see someone off in the distance, but where there is normally the sound and bustle of activity, there is nothing.

Since I work in Shipside support, dealing with emergent production problems, our inbound activity is nonexistent. We have a couple of things to do, and I have some long term projects to work on, but that will only last a short time.

As a close observer, it is interresting to view the two sides. According to the Union, they are the knight in shining armor saving the peasants in distress from the Evil Dragon. According to the Company, they are a benevolent parent, giving everything to an ungrateful spoiled bunch of peasants who obviously have no idea what is good for them.

It would be amusing if it wasn't for the fact that it puts thousands of people in distress. At this point I don't think either side truely gives a shit about the little guys. It is just a pissing contest between a couple of power hungry conglomerated entities. And the Union members They are the pee-ons.

8 comments:

Doo Dah said...

I heard all about it on NPR this morning when I was driving the kiddos to work. Glad that you still have a paycheck.

Al said...

doo-dah: Me too. I belong to SPEEA, a Technical and Engineering union. Our contract comes up on December 1st, so I hope the Company is in a more reasonable frame of mind before our negotiations come up.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

It always comes down to the pissing contest. I hate that.

Don't feel bad...I got no motivation today either.

Al said...

PQ: Te Power structure suggests we burn some vacation, and Feankenhealey awaits. So when my parts for the brake calipers come in, it may be time.....

sue said...

Motivation? What's that...

Al said...

Sue: To me right now it is just a word in the dictionary.

Doo Dah said...

*yawn*
day 3 of Al's no-motivation mood.

I am sad. Can I make you some cupcakes er somethin to cheer ya up sweetie?

Al said...

doo-dah: Being diabetic, cupcakes are on the verboten list, not that I live by the list. But thanks bunches for the offer.