Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I Break for Brakes

The last of the parts came in for my brake rebuild for Frankenhealey.

So I am taking a brake break next week. I am taking off Monday and Tuesday to rebuild the calipers, and replace the water pump. If these two projects are accomplished, I will be able to drive the car, although it does not currently idle. I guess I should take care of that before I take it out for more than a test run.

That in no way implies that I am done. I still need to finish putting together the front sheet metal, clean up and install the headlight surrounds, finish installing the new convertible top and do some body cleanup to get it ready for paint.

But if you hear a nasty mechanical snarl in the distance and see women and small children running for their lives, you will know that

FRANKENHEALEY LIVES!!!

8 comments:

sue said...

Haha... YAY for frankenhealy!

Al said...

Sue: Soon....soon.

Michael said...

Might as well take advantage of the slow-down at work, this sounds like a good investment of time to me!

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

IT'S ALIVE!! IT'S ALIIIIIIIIVE!!!! ;)

Good luck! :)

Al said...

Michael: A good time to get some stuff done that I just don't have time to do normally.

PQ: I just hope the peasants don't show up with the torches and pitchforks......

Doo Dah said...

YIPPIE!

(btw, I can doo sugar-free cuppiecakes, I make 'em for my priest all the time) :-)

Glad to hear ya gots some motorvation goin!

Al said...

doo-dah: YUMMMM. Mrs A would have a hissy fit if she thought some other woman was fixin' her man some treats.

Sarah said...

Ooooh, wow!! Nicely done!