Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hoarder

I admit it.
I have been hoarding work.
Since the IAM is on strike, productive work is hard to come by. Not so much for me, because I always have an extensive list of improvements that can be made. I have my own plan and schedule, which I don't really share except with the boss.
My plans are separated into three levels. Stuff that needs to be done short term, like the daily work load. Medium term, stuff to be done in the next couple of months. And Long term, stuff that I would like to get to in the next year or so.
Since the IAM is on strike, there is very little incoming work. No problem for me. I just shift gears and go to the next level. But since there is very little day-to-day work, management has asked what else we could be doin that would be PRODUCTIVE work. So I had to share my medium term project with the rest of the group.
I have to create work paackages for them, which will keep me busy for today and tomorrow, and I have kept the most complicated package for myself.
But my plan for the next two months has been blown all to hell.
Time to go to plan B.

There is no plan B

7 comments:

Doo Dah said...

dont ferget:
FRANKENHEALEY LIVES!!!

Anonymous said...

Bring in all the Frankenhealey parts and take advantage of the empty shop floor to do all your work there.

Al said...

doo dah: Soon, sweetie, soon. Like maybe it could be on the road by Tuesday.

Al said...

ncp: an excellent idea, although one not shared by my management.

Sarah said...

Sort of the opposite, but before I took a month off from grad school to get married, I didn't do much work. So I hoarded the work I had done and then parceled out the completed tasks to my boss in the time when I wasn't doing much work. :)

Al said...

Sarah: since i was a couple of weeks ahead of the curve, I kept the best packages for myself. Sorta the same thing.

sue said...

I hate "making work". Ugh. I feel for ya.