Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Lazy Wednesday

I decided not to go to work today. Instead I slept in, until a little after eight.

It's no fun going to work and not having anything much to do. I work a little at one of my projects, SB, snack, blog, surf the Internet, e-bay, play scrabble blast. Work a little more.

The strike is in the middle of it's third week. There are no talks going on. It will go on like this for a couple more weeks at least. Then when things settle down, it will be seven days a week until things get caught up. About that time, the contract with SPEEA will expire, and if things don't radically improve, SPEEA will go on strike. Then we will be out for at least a month, and I will very quickly be bored. I have plenty of things to do around the house, but am not real excited about any of them. The weather will be crappy, so I won't much want to work on Frankenhealey. It is under the deck, so I wouldn't be in the rain, but it will be hard to work up any enthusiasm to g out and freeze my fingers.

Today I don't plan on doing anything. Go spray some penetrating oil on the stuck bolt on the water pump. Make a run to the Hardware store for a threshold plate, probably run to the bank. work on a jigsaw puzzle. Play a computer game.

Be lazy.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

That sounds like a mighty fine day to me, although I can see how a month of those days might get a bit old. Enjoy it as long as you can!

Al said...

Sarah: It was nice. I didn't do much of anything, including the errands. Worked on Frankenhealey until it started to rain, then took off the rest of the day. Cooked up some egg rolls, that was about it.

Al said...

Sue: Lots to be said for an occasional lazy day.