Monday, September 29, 2008

Laid Back

What a beautiful weekend, weather wise. Sunny, temperature in the seventies, the leaves beginning to turn. A good time to lay back and do nothing.

Initially I had planned to drag Mrs A out into the mountains and go for a nice drive and go looking for edible mushrooms. Any excuse for a good walk in the woods.

But of course things didn't turn out that way. Mrs A got a call from her daughter, and talked to her grand daughter. She hasn't seen Q, her grand daughter in a couple of months, and it has been really eating at her. So our plans got changed, and we went down and kidnapped Q. to go get her a pair of shoes. As long as we were in the area we also kidnapped Mrs As sister and nephew and took them out for a leisurely lunch. I was a lazy laid back wandering kind of day. I picked up the tab for lunch and Mrs A bought the shoes.

Other than that, we didn't do a blessed thing except some laundry, and I went up and put away my summer clothes and got out my winter clothes and reorganized my closet. I got rid of a big sack of stuff I am tired of and don't wear any more.

I went out and looked over the water pump on Frankenhealey, but the rust buster hasn't done much so far. I do need to get back out there and figure out a way to get the damn thing off of the car. Right now that is the major impediment to getting it on the road. It is discouraging when everything you tackle becomes a major undertaking, but I am just stubborn enough to stick with it.

Hope everyone out there had a nice weekend.

5 comments:

sue said...

Was pretty quiet around here, too. I love weekends like that!

Al said...

Sue: I get the feeling it is the calm before the storm, so I know to enjoy it while you got it!

Sarah said...

Glad you had fun. Makes me wish my sister (or the rest of my family) would move out west again so I could be near them and see them on short weekends like that.

rennratt said...

I slept a lot this weekend (semi-bad patch). When I wasn't sleeping, I was baking.

All in all, not too bad of a weekend.

I'm glad you were able to spend time with family!

Al said...

Sarah: It was real niec to just drop in without making a major production out of it.

Renn: I always enjoy seeing family. Well, almost always.