Monday, September 22, 2008

Egg Roll Weekend

Saturday was a really rotten day weather -wise. It rained just about all day. It was a perfect day for Egg Roll Day.

We went to The Great Wall, an Asian Mall in Kent, and bought the ingredients, wandered around the mall looking at all the neat stuff, had lunch, stopped at the video emporium.

We set up the card table in front of the big screen and watched whttp://foolsgoldmovie.warnerbros.com/ which is a light, entertaining action/adventure/comedy. Just the right fare for rolling egg rolls. Of course the day required the addition of a large bottle of Kinsen Plum Wine to lubricate the machinery of the assembly line. It went well, except that we ran short of wrappers. We have enough stuff left for another eight or ten egg rolls. I'll pick up some more wrappers one of these days.

So Saturday was a pretty busy day, but fun. Sunday we pretty much vegged. Went to church, I watched The Seahawks kick the Rams' butts, and we watched 88 Minutes with DeNiro. I wasn't impressed.

That was pretty much it for the weekend. Y'all do anything interesting?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know... my first instinct was all... "Oh!! You should post the recipe for the egg rolls so we can all make them"

Then I remembered I don't cook and am barely competent to work the micowave and would, I strongly suspect, explode my house if I attempted any deep frying action.

I'll stick to getting my egg rolls at the Hop Feng II, then.

(side note - no one knows what happened to Hop Feng I)

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Matthew McConnahay (I know that's not spelled right) but when you're talking a movie with Matthew in it, you're talking my language...;) Even if it sucks, he's nice eye candy...;)

Now, pass me an egg roll please...;)

Al said...

ncp: I have posted the egg rollrecipe in the past, so it is somewhere in my archives. Maybe I'll put in a link to it if I can find it.

PQ: He's one of my favorites (not the same reasons as you). I really like the reckess treasure hunting type of role he plays.

One virtual egg roll on it's way, along with some dipping sauce.

sue said...

You win.
Sounds like a perfect weekend.
I still haven't made your eggrolls, but someday when I come visit you I expect some ready and waiting! :)