Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Brake brake's over, so back on your heads!

My two day excursion into the automotive world ended up so-so. I figure the score is al 2, car 1 right now.

I got the two calipers rebuilt and back on the car. The water pump is still on. The one bolt that I stripped the corners off of........well, I put my old beat up pair of locking pliers on the head, and proceeded to twist the head right off of the bolt. But I can't get the housing to come loose. I can move the housing back an forth a little, but only a fraction of an inch. But it won't move forward. It should but it won't. I ground down the housing and bolt a little to make sure there wasn't a lip left from the head of the bolt, but it still won't budge.

I sprayed some WD40 on the area and am letting it sit. Will probably spray it again tonight. I may stop and buy a propane torch tonight and heat the housing to see if I can free it up. I went to do that yesterday, and I can't find my torch. I think someone "borrowed" it.

On a different note, R. went out and got shitfaced on Saturday night. When she got home she just left "i" in his car seat in the living room. He awoke around midnight, and she didn't get up. Her cousin had to go wake her up, and it took about 15 minutes to arouse her enough to take care of the baby. All sorts of alarm bells are going off in my head. Let's hope it was an isolated thing. When her cousin went to talk to her, she got pissy and stomped off to her room. That has always been her defense when she screws up. Yell at whoever questions her, and storm off, even when she is clearly in the wrong.

Storm warnings ahead.

8 comments:

sue said...

Uh oh... Here's hoping it was an "isolated incident".

Al said...

Sue: I got a call from my grandaughter, who she lives with, and we talked about what the options were. My advice was to go to her and tell her she was concerned with her and her babies welfare. Be straight forward, express your concern for her health and the babie's well being.

I kept my nose out of it.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

WD-40 is a cure all for damn near everything, isn't it? :)

Sorry to hear about "R."...hopefully like you said, it's an isolated thing.

Doo Dah said...

No matter how ishtfaced ya get, the kid is always numero uno priority. She needs to get that straight. Hopefully it is only time this will happen.

WD40 is wonderful for almost anything. I watched something on the dish on the history of it, and was amazed at what all it can do for ya.

Al said...

PQ: Duct Tape and WD40, Man's best friends.

Doo-dah: I kept my nose out of it, but gave her cousin some sdvice about how best to go about telling her it was unacceptable.

Sarah said...

I love that joke!

Also, I hope the storm warnings are more of a fizzle than anything else. I think it's wise to let her cousin or others try to tell her this isn't good, especially if tantrums are what R throws in return instead of thanks.

Al said...

R and I have way too much history, her being my only daughter and all. I want to TELL her what to do, and by Gog she better do it. History tells me that doesn't work.

Anonymous said...

"Whatever we find "true" about the people and things around us, is also true about ourselves..."