Saturday, March 03, 2007

Done

Well, the flooring is all down now. It took me most of the day, and I had a couple of Homer moments, but it is done, and it looks great.

When I was doing the floor around the door to the Pantry, I realized that when I put the new flooring in, you wouldn't be able to open the door.

DUH!

Soo I had to remove the door and cut 1/8" off of the botting and then remount it. I said a couple of bad words, but luckily Mrs A. was out having her nails done, so nobody cared.

I still have to do the trim. I have a bunch of matching moulding to go with the floor., But there's no hurry to get that done.

Mrs A. loves it, so it was worth all the hard work.

5 comments:

Rick said...

John McGyver was at my house yesterday, helping me install a couple of electrical outlets. Talk about yer Homer moments... DOH!

Al said...

Rick: having heard from you and having gotten an e-mail from John this morning, it appears everyonee survived.

An Extraordinary woman in a mediocre life said...

well done you!

McGyver....McGyver....?.. wasnt he the guy on tv who could mend cars with a spring from the inside of a pen?

I take it from the above comments, it's not the same McGyver...
lol

xxxxxxxxx

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Homer moments...I love that! :)

Glad to hear most of it's all done...makes you feel good, doesn't it? :)

Al said...

EW: That's the guy. Rick runs the Road Crew and Mrs A. and I work with him for a Christian Rock Band "Morning Light". John McBride is the head guy and bass player. He is responsible for the wiring. We put up 13,000 lbs of lights and sound gear, so there are a lot of wires, most of which work, most of the time.

PQ: I felt so please that I took yesterday off, laid around, read a book, and took a nap. It was great!