Monday, March 12, 2007

Monday Moanin'

Actually, I had a half way decent weekend, and got a pretty good night's sleep, so I am in fine fettle this morning.

Saturday the weather was OK, so I went out and worked on the cars. Mrs A's needed the hood release cable replaced. It turned out to be pretty simple to do. Took me about an hour, mostly trying to feed the cable through the fender liner. I got to the point I was about ready to take off the fender, when I tried one more time, and it went through. A big WHEW there.

Then I needed to fix the door on the driver's side of the Z. It was not latching, and I could no longer open it with the key. I have been putting this off for the last month or so, because doors are a pain in the ass to work on. You have to take the handles and knobs off of the inside, then remove the interior panel. Remove the vapor barrier, and then attemp to work in a space so small and twisty that only a proctologist can access it (Guys, you know what I'm talking about.)

But I managed to get my oilcan manipulated into the proper spots to lube up the binding mechanism. After manipulating it several times, things started moving the way they were supposed to. The lock even works with the key now!

So now I can drive my baby to work as the weather turns warmer.

7 comments:

rennratt said...

Last weekend was perfect 'fix it' weather. I cleaned out my vehicle, and even had it inspected!

The only thing left? Some sort of 'addition' to my blinkers - or something.

Al said...

I emjoy working on cars. When I want to. I spent a lot of time working on them in the rain because I had to so I could get to work the next day.
It's nice to be able to pick and choose when to do it.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Every once in a while, I get a wild hair and feel the need to wash the Tahoe and clean it inside and out.

Sure doesn't happen often...but it DOES sometimes happen.

Al said...

PQ: I haven't gotten THAT inspired yet.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Oh I haven't been THAT inspired in a LONG time, trust me! :)

Al said...

PQ: Besides, if I wash my car, that makes the rain come back, and I don't want that on my conscience.

Al said...

Just slippin' in the back door here so I can get to post an entry