Wednesday, March 07, 2007

That's Radiculous!

No I did not misspell the word in the title. It is a terrible pun.

All right, who is that I hear snickering in the back, there.

My thingie with my arm was diagnosed as Cervical Radiculitis.A pain radiating from the spine down one or more extremities, caused by the root of the nerve being compressed.

Or as I told the Doc "I have a pinched nerve in my neck."

So they gave me a handfull of pills and told me to go play in traffic.

Percocet works on the pain just fine, thank you, but makes be dizzy and fuzzy headed, which is fine for at home when I will not be going out, but not so good for at work.

The muscle relaxer (which I can't remember the name of) also makes you drowsy, so I probably won't be taking it at work either.

I start Physical Therapy on Tuesday. The doc says they are going to hang me by the neck until well.

No, seriously.

They have a collar that they put around your neck that has a rope attached with a weighted bag on the end. You throw it over a door and sit there getting your neck stretched.

I guess the Physical therapist will have to make sure I am well hung......

Bad Al, bad, bad.

6 comments:

Rick said...

I saw a sign at the pharmacy counter yesterday... "When we're healthy, we have 1,000 wishes. When we're not, we have only one."

I hear ya.

Al said...

Rick: To get laid?

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

What BAD BOYS you are...;)

My mom had to sit in traction like that for her neck...only the bag they gave her she filled with water so the amount could be adjusted. Worked for her!

Hope it works for you! :)

Al said...

PQ: Thanks for the good wishes. My dad used one of these a long time ago, and it worked for him, too.

Anonymous said...

ooooh oooh oh! I know what THAT means. You are getting close to surgery my friend. You better let the PT person have her way with you. Or you might find yourself under the knife. So, will you be posting pics? Hey if Rick can ask to see pictures of the 'girls' then I can ask about a few well hung PT pics.
~Daphne

Al said...

Daphne: If the muscle relaxers and PT don't work, from what I understand, next comes Cortisone shots before surgery.

We'll see about pictures.