Thursday, March 08, 2007

Playing hookie

Mrs A. had a real bad day yesterday. She came home in tears. It was one of those days when everyone was in a pissy mood, and she was the pissee so to speak.

She opened the conversation with "I want to quit me job." I know she doesn't really want to, so I listened to her a lot without any real comment, just "Uhu, yes dear, I'm sorry you had a bad day" I have finally learned to just listen, not try to fix everything.

I made her a nice strong Rum and Coke and let her wind down.

This morning I told her if she was serious about quitting, we could get a debt consolidation loan, pay off all the bills with the loan, and get by on my salary. It is possible, but it would mean giving up a lot of extras.

She said she really didn't want to quit her job.

I stayed home because I haven't slept well in several days because of my arm. The meds don't seem to be doing much of anything. Oh well, everything takes time.

I also have a dental appointmment this afternoon, so I would miss a half a day anyway, so I just called in and went back to bed.

I'm getting pocelain caps for a couple of teeth. When I get through getting my mouth all fixed up, that will be a relief, and we will have a quite a bit more spending money.

Four oral surgeries, 10 caps. By the time it will be all over, I will have about $20,000.00 invester in my teeth. Oh well, the investment will last a lot longer than a new car or a cruise.

3 comments:

Rick said...

Smart man, with that listenin' shit. This, too, will probably pass. Hope your arm gets better soon, and those teeth... I've had three since I was a teenager. They'll be the only thing left when the archaeologists dig me up in three thousand years.

Al said...

Rick: I want to get the teeth taken care of and paid off before I retire. Of course THAT won't be for a quite a while yet. Unless of course I will the lottery or something.

Al said...

Blogger is messing with my brain again today. Now I can't make comments, so I am going to try to slip in through the back door, here. Don't anyone tell....