Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Happy Hump Day

I was wandering around the factory this morning, and stopped in at my old area on the barge at flow day 5. Conversation turned to animals, and eventually Porcupines, because L. had a dog that kept getting quills in it's snout.

We had a cow that got a snout full of quills twice. That was a chore that was no fun at at all. Spook was a flighty cow at the best of times, and when we got her in the milking parlor with her head locked in a stanchion, she was getting panicy.

She had a dozen or so quills, and getting them out was a hell of a chore.

When it happened the second time, we decided Mr. Porky had to go.

Mr. Porky was coming into the barn to get salt, so we waited on him one night and ambushed him with a .22.

Once he was properly ballasted with lead, we wondered what he would taste like. So we skinned and dressed him out, and threw a haunch on the BBQ.

He tasted AWFUL.

It was early Spring, and food was scarce, so he had been dining on the inner bark of pine trees, and you could taste it in the meat

Kinda like pork marinated in Pine-Sol.

6 comments:

rennratt said...

Now THAT is disgusting.

And people used to tease me because I have tried squirrel (kind of game-y) and frog legs (chicken and fish together)!

Al said...

Renn: I don't think Mr. Porky will ever make it to the main menu.

Anonymous said...

Al, that was probably one of the grossest stories yet on your blog. My gosh I never know what you are going to say next. What a funny guy. I can't believe you ate him!

Al said...

daphnewood: People eat all kinds of things, and I have eaten a lot of game. We didn't want him to go to waste if he was edible. But he wasn't

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

EWWWWWW! That sounds EXACTLY like something The PK would do. "Hmmm...let's see how this tastes!"

Blech! ;)

Al said...

PQ: My curiosity gets me in trouble from time to time, but think of it this way: Someone had to look at an egg coming out of a chickens butt and think "HMMMM I think I'll eat that."