Thursday, February 07, 2008

Blogger Withdrawal

AAHHHH I feel so much more.........

Connected.

As I said, I am in a two day offsite workshop. So I brought my laptop along.

No cables to connect to the Internet. I broke out in a light sweat.

Wait a minute! My work laptop has a Wi-Fi card!

No dice. Since I am offsite, it needs to go through the firewall.

I can't go through the firewall without a @#$%token, and I don't have one. The whole world is waiting out there, and I can't get to it.

I feel isolated, out of touch. Is this what it's like to be netless? Can people actually live this way? How can they shop for the latest gizmos and gagets? How can they ballance their checkbook and pay their bills?

They started the meeting, but all day there was this little voice in the back of my head telling me SOMETHING IS WRONG.

As soon as I got home I logged on, and found out that you are all still there, and everything is OK with the world.

Whew!

4 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

So you get a bit panicy too, huh?

Thank God...and here I thought it was just ME! ;)

Al said...

PQ: It just feels like something is missing. Kinda like being addicted I guess, only not so bad.

rennratt said...

Glad that you're okay, and that you're back!

Al said...

Renn: And I get to do it again next week!