Saturday, February 09, 2008

Let's do it again

I survived the workshop. We managed to agree to a process for obtaining parts between the different divisions of the same company. Unfortunately, that process does not fit within the necessary timelines, so we get to do it all over again.

So there will be another workshop next week. Three days this time. We need to find a much more timely way to move things along. I already have a solution, but getting everyone to agree to it will be a struggle. I don't mind conflict and struggle, in fact I rather enjoy them. Mrs A. would go bonkers, but it just feeds my resolve.

I feely admit I am one of the most determined (Stubborn?) people around, and I will persist when others get tired.

Mrs A. is like a different person. She is going around smiling and humming to herself. Teling me how many days she has left. The idea that she is retiring has settled in, and a calm has settled over her. Things that would have set her off before are just "Oh well, I won't be here in X days, so I don't much care."

We finally have a weekend to just kick back. I will probably go out and start taking apart the engine in the Jensen so I can install the electronic ignition system in.

My custom car cover for the Jensen came in and so did my floor mats, so I have plenty of tinkering to do, but I have no timeline, so no pressure.

Mrs A. is going to get her nails done and I need a haircut. I have a book to read, and a puzzle to work on.

Some times no plan is the best plan.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Aren't those the best sort of days? The lazy-but-full ones? Glad you survived the workshop, and have fun with the cars!

Al said...

Sarah: I love thase laid back Saturdays. Get up early, and after breakfast and reading the newapaper. take a shower and go back to bed. No hurry to do anything in particular.

Anonymous said...

Aaaahhhhh... short-timers syndrome... one of my favorite things.

Al said...

ncp: She has a short-timers calendar going and everything. Every day she tells me I'm so excited, I only have XX days left!"

Rick said...

I'm guessin' the stalemate has more to do with CYA (cover your ass) than actual difficulty in delivering parts.

Al said...

Rick: When the Contracts and Leagal and accounting people get involved there is always a lot of CYA going on. Me, I just want them to get the Hell out of the way so I can build the aircraft.