Friday, February 15, 2008

Outdone

Mrs A. got a very nice Valentines present yesterday.

But it wasn't from me.

She had been working with the computing people for several days because her computer was on the fritz and she couldn't do her job. After a quite a bit of time and several calls, she still couldn't do her job.

Finally she walked into the Directors office and went off. She was carying a handfull of court ordered garnishments that she couldn't process. If you don't respond to the court orders within a specific time, you can face up to three times the amount in penalties, and she couldn't get anyone to give a happy crappy.

She told the director exactly what was wrong in no uncertain terms. After all, she has nothing to lose, since she was retiting at the end of the month.

The director told her that he understood her frustration, and agreed to give her the rest of the month off, with pay.

What that all translates down to, it that today is her last day of regular full time employment. Forever.

She was so wound up last night, I thought I might have to anchor her to a tether to keep her from floating away.

I love her, and it is such a great lift to me to see her so happy. Happiness is contagious.

10 comments:

Sarah said...

Woot! I was all set to read that the Director gave her a new computer, but the rest of the month of is even better! So glad she's feeling so happy, and you are, too, by association. If she floats away, make sure she takes you with her!

Al said...

Sarah. Good idea. I will tether her to me, that way if she floats off, I'll be with her.....

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Oh that is SOOOOOO cool.

Think if I go off on my boss, he'll give me the next month off?

Bet he would...but it'd be with no pay...and no job to come back to!

congrats to Mrs.'s A. (and you too)!!! ;)

Al said...

Thank PQ. She is awfully excited about living with a WHOLE lot less stress. Me, too!

Michael said...

That's great news Al, just think of all the time she'll have to dream up "honey do" projects for you now!

;-)

Al said...

Michael: It's not so much the "Honeydo" projects that scare me. It's the "I'm Going to" projects, because they always translate into "You're going to do" projects.

The sight of Mrs A marching deterimined, with a hammer in her hand always sends a shiver down my spine.

Anonymous said...

WOW! now THAT is an excellent Valentine's day present!!!

Al said...

ncp: Yeah, she has been floating aroud with this huge grin on her face.

sue said...

WOW...just WOW! I somehow missed that she was retiring (good for her!) so that slipped in there and caught me by surprise. Good for her! What a great thing... she didn't need all that stress. LOL... I thought you were going to say she got a new computer! This was waaaay better!

Al said...

Sue: Yeah, it don't get much better than this. She is so happy and relaxed and cheerful now.