Monday, February 11, 2008

On the Road Again

There is another workshop this week. This time it is three days: Tues, Wed, Thurs. All day. Over at a different facility.

Again they will provide breakfast and lunch. Last week, on Friday we had the Makin's for Chicken Fajitas. Put them together yourself. I added a few more jalapenos than were good for me, and consequently had indigestion all afternoon and evening.

Saturday was the best day so far this year. It wasn't raining, snowing, or freezing, This was really my first opportunity to get out and play with the Healeys.

I pulled off the carburettors and intake manifold so I could get the distributor out. Pulled the distributor and rebuilt it with an electronic ignition system. No more points adjusting.

I took off the Hard Top and pulled up the convertible top so I could see what kind of shape it was in. The material is in good shape, but is so stiff it will hardly move, and it has no stretch in it, so I couldn't quite get it snapped down in the front. I think I will stop by the Auto Parts place after work and see if they have some kind of convertible top conditioner. Probably Armor All has something. If I cant find something, I guess it is time to borrow Mrs A's hair frier.

Whe I got in to work today, someone had dropped a copy of the Renton Reporter newspaper, and there on the front page is my brother. No he wasn't in pin stripes with numbers under his picture. The big headline was "'Super Lawyer: Renton 'Intriguing'".

The article, which is quite extensive is a recap of his career as City Attorney, seeing that he is celebrating his 30th anniversary as City Attorney.

He hates publicity and Politics, and probably had to be dragged, kicking and screaming, in front of the camera. Whenever a major event takes place in Renton, which he has had a major hand in, there is always some jerkleg Politician willing to step forward and grab the microphone. Few people actually know how much he has influenced the city.

I guess I won't be around much the rest of this week, since I will be in the workshop, so

At Ease

Smoke em if you have em.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Um, have fun? Or do some fun stuff in and around the workshop. And congratulations to your brother! So nice to know there's people out there who run the show but don't do it for the glory.

Al said...

Sarah: I enjoy a good brawl, and this will probably be one. I'll work up a good apetite for that free chow!

Rick said...

I feel all sorts of lawyer jokes bubbling to the surface. I gotta go take a Tums.

Al said...

Rick: I feel an obligation to give him shit every time we meet, but then that is a sibling thing. I have six sibs and I am proud of each and every one of them.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Ooooo...cool. I'm telling my boss you said it was breaktime. ;)

Al said...

PQ: You have my permission. You can tell himm that the brother of a lawyer that argued in front of the Supreme Court said it was OK