Saturday, February 16, 2008

Film At Eleven

For Valentines day, Mrs A. had requested a copy of Jody Foster's latest movie, which just came out on DVD: The Brave One.

It was not at all what I expected. I mean, the plot is what I expected, but her portrayal of the main character Erica Bain was incredible. I've always been a fan of Foster, but this is an exclamation point of a performance.

Erica has a radio program, and wanders around the streets of New York recording the sounds and then does an intelligent thoughtful commentary.

She and her fiance' are taking a walk in the park with their dog, when they are attacked by a couple of thugs, who beat the boyfriend to death and put her in a three week coma.

When she comes out of it, everything is changed. Her beloved New York has turned dark, her fiance' is gone, and she lives in fear.

She ends up buying a gun. She ends up in a couple of situations where she needs it, but as time goes on she becomes more proactive. A lot of the film is about her journey, a psychological hike throough her feelings as she attempts to make sense of things.

I won't spoil the film for you by going into the details, but it is certainly worth watching. We watched it on Valentines Day and again this morning.

Great flick.

And besides all that there is a guest appearance by Jodie foster's titties

4 comments:

Michael said...

I gave it a good review when it came out in the theaters. I thought it was a pretty decent movie, I really like Jodie Foster in this one.

Al said...

Michael: It was a very different role for her. Much more dark than her usual roles.

sue said...

I've always been a huge Jodie Foster fan... I've not gotten to a movie in months, but will be looking for this when it comes out on the satellite.

Al said...

Sue: Well worth watching, and I think her best ever performance.