Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Going, going, gone

I don't know if I'll be able to do much on my blog, or visit people the next couple of days.

I am going to a two day workshop to work out the processes for obtaining parts for wire bundle rework/repair.

It's always nice to change your surroundings for a day or two. Plus they will provide a free lunch, which may or may not be a good thing.

I mean, there is food as a gustatory experience (Prime rib and lobster) and there is foor as fuel for the body (Top Ramen and Oatmeal). The free lunch at these workshops tend to be the latter, not the former, but I have had a couple of meals that were better than average. The way I see it, free food is almost always good food, since it is free and will keep you going.

In general, they do not cater to my diabetic condition. Here we come to a moral dilema. My mom taught us to always clean your plate (Like THAT was ever a problem), but the lunch will inevitably contain something which is verboten on my diabetic diet.

In my book, mom always trumps doctors, so in order to follow my mom's rules, I will be forced to eat the cookies/carrot cake/pie or whatever.

Blame it on Mom.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you know... what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Um, provided it doesn't kill you, of course :)

Al said...

ncp: There has to be a tipover point where the equation overballances, and it's straight down the tubes after that.

Sarah said...

You're talking like a grad student! We're always about the free food, regardless of what it is, since we get paid so measly little! And the tasty stuff is definitely okay if your mom insists you clean your plates. Here, it's sometimes the only edible way to get calories at a free meal.

Al said...

sarah: I remember as a starving student, trying to figure out how to get the most caloric benefiit from my food dollar. I remmeber having a girlfriend that worked at Oberto's here in Latteland. She filled her purse with Beef Jerky and Pepperoni ends every night. That and Coke kept me going.

Michael said...

You could always send your cookie to me through inter-office mail... I could give you my mailstop. It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. ;-)

The Ferryman said...

Sometimes sacrifices need to be made. God bless you for taking the easy way out.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do! :)

Al said...

Michael: I've seen how they handle intersite maill. It would probably end up in crumbs, or three weks late.

Mr Fab: Some people call it laziness, I like to call it efficiency. Always choose the easiest way to do the job.

PQ: And I'm the guy for the job. Soetimes saccrifices have to be made.