Sunday, February 03, 2008

Aftermath

I thought the title was clever, because it was the title of a Rolling Stones album from back in the Dark Ages, and since a lot of my posts lately have been about stones.

What?!?

Not cute or clever? My WE got up on the wrong side of the bed today.

I barely made it out of the bed today. As I mentioned previously, yesterday was ML3's concert at the Holy Spirit Church, which is hosting Tent City 4, a homeless campground.

My back is again telling me that I shouldn't pretend that I am still in my 20's. Setting up and tearing down about 20,000 pounds of gear is challenging both physically and emotionally. Because we are on a very demanding schedule that requires a WHOLE lot of very careful coordination, tempers flare, frustration get's expressed, thing inevitably go wrong. But somehow the set gets together, the lights go on, the sound system works, and the show goes on.

I had really wanted to work on the Healey today, but I am just too stiff and sore.

Oh darn, I guess that means I have to sit around and watch the Superbowl and swill beer today.

Did I mention it is still freezing butt cold out today?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Back pain is the pitts, isn't it? I already messed mine up pretty bad scuba diving a couple years ago, and it's never let me forget it, especially when we're diving or I try to lift stuff or sit/stand too long.

Glad the show went well, and hope you enjoyed the Superbowl.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

We actually split our Superbowl evening sitting out by a friends pool on their patio and heading inside when the commercials came on. ;)

Of course, my head is KILLING me today...but I deservesd it. Blech!

Hope you feel better!

Al said...

Sarah: I hurt my back when I was young and foolish. It is usually OK, until I do something stupid.

PQ: The doctor told me to drink lots of fluids. Yesterday, the fluid was Bud.