Thursday, March 13, 2008

Blather

I'm still trying to get the last minute stuff pulled together for the move at work. The Facilities people here are not user friendly. Trying to get them to committ to something is just about impossible.

What's that?

Yeah, they are all male, what's that got to do with anything?

I was talking with Mrs A yesterday, and she was telling me how happy she is. She said "I was driving down the road today, and realized how totally happy I was, and I started to cry." This is one that a guy is probably not going to "Get". We scream and give high fives and hug complete strangers. The concept of being so happy we cry just isn't built into our software. Sure makes me feel good that I have been able to help her get to the place she is but cry????

R. called this morning, and she is having health issues with her pregnanacy. She is RH negative, the baby is RH Positive. That means her body percieves the baby's blood, and the baby itself as an invader. Most of the time it causes no major problems for the first baby, but the second it can have major complications, mainly for the baby.

R has been sick lately, and the doctor says it is because of the RH factors. This morning she puked while walking to get the bus, managed to make it to her work bus stop, got off the bus and puked some more. She finally had to bag the idea of work and called in. She wanted to know what to do. Should she quit her job?

I told her to go to HR at work and request a Medical LOA, and go back to her Dr. and get him to approve of a Medical LOA. That way she will still have a job when she comes back. I got her all calmed down and ready to go to HR.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell"R" I will pray for her. I hope she has enough sense to get to a Dr. ASAP. This is nothing to mess around with. When was it she is due?
kidsister "L"

Al said...

HI "L". She was at the doctors yesterday, and I told her to go back tomorrow if she isn't feeling better by then. She is due May 8th, so every day she makes it through is a big deal.

Anonymous said...

so she has about 6 weeks to go. That means "he" should be able to make it, if "he" is OK otherwise. Of course that is not for the best but it should be OK. I will keep praying that he stays put awhile longer.
Its so good to here "Mrs. A" is happy with her retirement. I know she was pretty stressed out at work for awhile there.
kidsister "L"

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I thought they had meds to deal with that kind of thing, no?


I've never been so happy that I cried. I've been so happy, I was speechless though...which is pretty damn near impossible for me! :)

Al said...

PQ: The Doc gave her a shot day before yesterday, and I think that's what made her so sick yesterday. Hopefully she is feeling better today.

sue said...

All good thoughts for R. The LOA is a good idea.

Mrs. A? I can sooooo relate. Sometimes when things are all going just right and the planets and the stars are aligned and all the gophers are in their holes...well, I've been known to cry with total happiness, too. Tell her I am so happy that SHE is happy. She deserves it!!

Al said...

Sue: That's what I tell Mrs A. She asks if I am happy, I say, just seeing you happy makes me happy. Happiness sgared is doubled.

rennratt said...

I've been known to cry when happy.

Truth be told? I get it from my DAD.

Not kidding.

I hope that R is feeling better today. I can't imagine how scared she must be!

Please update us ASAP.

Al said...

Renn: I'll keep everyone posted. Although I have never cried from happiness, I do recall getting a little "Misty" when my son was born.