Sunday, March 02, 2008

Nice weekend

I don't mean it was really fantastic or anything. Just a nice mellow solid average weekend.

I have been trying for weeks to get out and do some work on the cars, but we have either been busy, or the weather has been bad or I have been sick, so it was nice to be able to get out and putter around with the cars.

Z needed a new alternator put in,, and I had the new one waiting. So I got out and replaced it and did a few other things. This was sorta the first step towards getting it ready to sell.

The new throttle cable came for the Jensen, so I replaced it today. Of course the first peincipal of English Engineering is why use one part when five will do the same job. I ended up taking all afternoon, partly because the shop manual I have has no advice to offer on how one should approach the task. Luckily I have a lot of skills at figuring out mechanical things.

Next Saturday is R's baby shower. We went out and bought her a nice crib. When we got home there was a message from her, so I called her back, and I asked her if she already had a crib. Of course she did. So we had to go back to Target to exchange it and get her a playpen.

A long as we were out, I diverted our mission to go by Lowe's to check out batroom vents. For some unknown reason, the guy that did the remodel didn't include any ventilation, so mildew grows on everything. I won't go into the details, but the weird construction of the bathroom rules out a lot of the alternatives. I think I have a solution, but have to get up in the attic and do some measuring.

So at the end of the weekend I am happily tired. Guess I will need to go to work tomorrow to rest up.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

4 comments:

sue said...

Does "Z" know your sellin' her yet? *sob*

Hope you got some rest today!

Al said...

Sue: No not yet. I think it's best to put off letting her know. Right now she thins she is being coddled. (sigh) I feel so duplicitous.

rennratt said...

Around here, our 'weekend' consisted of trying to coax down a 102.9 fever on the Nooze.

We are now on Day Five of this crap.

*Sigh* May today be the day it breaks!

(Doctor already visited; states that this is a virus that "must run its course")

Al said...

Renn: Sorry to hear about Nooze. Nothing more helpless feeling than having a sick kid. Our grandkids have been going through the same thing. Thankfully they are most of the way through it now.