Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Perception

I have always found the study of perception, and states of consciousness fascinating. People can do some amazing things when they put their perceptions to a focused purpose.

Not me, mind you, just some people. My greatest accomplishments are to be able to follow a train of thought to it's logical conclusion (a rare trait) and being able to fall asleep anywhere under almost any circumstances and take a 30 minute nap, and wake up refreshed. But I have studied other states of consciousness. I know how to meditate, and do on occasion.

I don't now seek to alter my state of consciousness by taking foreign substances. This of course excludes beer.

I am entering into a time wqhen my job at work will be very intense. I have found over the years that my perceptions notably narrow as the speed increases. I can't let things outside of the immediate situation distract me. The harder and faster I go, the more I have to concentrate on the opbjectives, and allow less and less distraction.

This is great for accomplishing complex and intense goals. There is nothing I love more than running on the ragged edge just one step away from diaster, but still under control. I have told Mrs A that I love having three things going on at once, and being able to slip seamlessly back and forth between them.

Unfortunately it plays hell with my home life. The more I concentrate on what is going on on my projects, the less I pay attention to my family.

The first body section is due to arrive soon, so my level of activity will be going through the roof. Probably from now until August. I both look forward to and dread the coming months.

I have already noticed the beginnings of the process.

Strap yourselves in and hang on in the corners, the ride's about to get a little crazy.

No comments: