Saturday, March 15, 2008

Sometimes Things DO work out

I have made no secret of the fact that mmy daughter R and Mrs A. have been at war for a couple of years. It is at least 70% my daughters fault, but it has been a difficult thing for me. I love both of them, but I have stuck by Mrs A. and supported her. It was awfully hard on me, but I always prayed they would make Peace. It seems my patience is being rewarded.

On Thanksgiving, they were polite and cordial. By Christmas they were riding in the same car without the windows frosting up.

At R's baby shower R called Mrs A "Mom", and they were friendly. R asked Mrs A to be in the delivery room with her. Mrs A. was touched. Her remark to me was "Maybe there's hope for this relationship after all."

R. called the same night she was so sick, and asked if Mrs A. would go to birthing classes with her. Mrs A. said she would, and I can tell she was really pleased. I am crossing my fingers that this is the beginning of a closer relationship. Nothing would make me happier than the two closest to my heart would be friends.

I'm not saying it always works, but sometimes prayer and patience are rewarded.

8 comments:

Rick said...

I had the same hope for the Spousal Unit and an Ex. Dint work out so well.

Al said...

Rick: To quote Chief Dan George in "Little Big Man": "Sometimes the magic works, sometimes it don't."

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

YAY!!!

It never really worked out between The PK's youngest daughter and me either...but she heard trash talk about me AND her Dad ever since she was about four, so she pretty much grew up not liking me very much. And she wasn't too keen on her own father either.

She's 23 now and the ONLY time she ever calls her Dad is when she needs something, or right before her birthday and Christmas...it's like "yooo-whooo...don't forget my present!". Then, when she finds out we're pretty much broke, she won't return any of his calls. It just REALLY pisses me off because I saw how hard he tried to be a good Dad...and she's COMPLETELY her mothers daughter. Her mother was a real bitch and filled her head full of crap and it infurates me to this day.

Hell, I still have the kid on my health insurance and am paying for her. Does she appreciate that? Not a bit.

Sorry...I ranted.

Anyway, I'm glad things seem to be working out...that's great!

Al said...

PQ: Did I hit a hot botton or what? Blending two fasmilies is never easy. It will only work if everyone involved WANTS it to work.

sue said...

It is magical when it happens... Here's keeping my fingers and toes crossed that it does!

Al said...

Thanks Sue. I think things will be OK.

Sarah said...

I really hope it all works out between Mrs. A and R. It's tough to be in a family situation where the blending didn't quite work. And it's much easier to be the person in the middle when you're not trying to separate the two, I'm sure!

Also, here's to R getting her life on track, and the pregnancy going well! I hope she gets the LOA and takes care of herself and the baby as best she can.

Al said...

Sarah: Everything is on track and going well. I can only hope it continues.

I had to literally jupm in between them to separate them, because they had started pullung hair and hitting. I thought about calling 911 and having them both hauled off.