Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Gotta Pass

Nothing I hate more than passing up a good deal. It just goes against my nature. But the options just aren't right.

R. stiffed me for $5,ooo a couple of years ago, and I am still paying. After all, I have to protect my credit rating. The National Bank of Dad is closed until we deal with that.

So I tried to set up a deal for the Volvo. I believe it is a great deal, but I can't do it because R. hasn't dealt with what she oews me. So if she wants the car, it has to be a cash deal, and she doesn't have the cash.

I hate to back away from a good deal, but what the hell, I can always find another deal. It just burns that it might take a long time to find another one as good as this.

Oh by the way, the final vote was "You want to buy ANOTHER car. I thought we had a deal yada yada yada".

OK. That was the deal, but I hate to see a good deal go down without me.

I need five acres of land somewhere out of the city where I can park a couple of cars.

Last year I sold three cars, bought four. I would have done more, but I don't have a place to put them.

I need to get about five acres out in the woods.

And a very understanding spouse.

7 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

National Bank of Dad....that was cute! :)

I didn't have one of those. Oh, I had a Peanut Dad...but he didn't do the "loan" thing. Didn't with my brothers either.

And I know EXACTLY what you mean about needing five acres out in the woods somewhere...that's what I'd need for all the animals I'd adopt or rehabilitate! :)

Al said...

PQ: I could live in a little cabin, but I'd need a HUGE garage/shop. I very seldom do business with family, and when I do, it usually turns out bad.

sue said...

Well, we have the acres... and now we're discussing building a shop and/or a second garage because MY "Al" has lots of "Stuff" (aka vehicles) too...

I may have to post about the second part of this you brought up. (The spouse issue). Check it out tomorrow. ;)

Rick said...

You really oughta consider Automotives Anonymous. Seriously. I can hook you up. ;-)

Al said...

Sue: Over on the farm we had all the room we wanted, and enough timber I could have built a pole barn to hold my "Treasures" I currently only own seven vehicles.

Rick: I can stop any time. Really I can. Well, just one more, or maybe two........

Michael said...

I had an old Volvo that I loved to death. Mechanically it was like yours, it just kept going. Electrical was another story.. ;-)

Al said...

Michael: My sister also had a Volvo that wouldn't die. I've always wanted to get a P1800ES. which is a little wagon based on their sports car. Looks a lot like a MGBGT.