Monday, March 17, 2008

New Digs

I am now located in the Black Hole of Calcutta. It's just temporary, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

The tables, computers and such are not in place where I am supposed to be permanently located. All we have is chairs. I guess you could use your laptop truely as a laptop if there was a wireless signal or jack nearby. I know there is a lot of WI-FI in this building, but I haven't checked out the signal strength.

Until they get the jacks hotted up, I am stuck here, where at least I have a chair and docking station. Oh, and a brand new 19" plasma flat screen monitor.

Right now I am the only person in the room, which will eventually house 12 people. The air circulation is bad and there is one small skinny window like you would expect on a jail cell os something.

I spent most of the day getting rid of stuff I don't need or can't use. I ended up with one small rollaway cabinet and my laptop. Not much to show for over 28 years . But that's OK. I like travelling light.

So right now there is nothing to do, and no one to talk to. Maybe I should turn the lights off and lock the door......

2 comments:

Rick said...

Sounds like the perfect place to consume 100 egg rolls and do some crop dusting.

Al said...

Rick: As long as no one walks in and finds me in mid-stupor