Saturday, March 08, 2008

Saturday

I'm afraid I'm getting boring. No crisis for a quite a while. Mrs A. is doing great now that she is semi-retired. V. is on the track squad and practicing for the State Tournament in Debate (Next weekend for Congress, the following weekend for Individual).

Today was R's baby shower, and all the females in the family showed up, and everyone had a good time. Recently I was afraid Mrs A and R would never be able to be in the same room. Now R has asked Mrs A to be in the delivery roomm when the baby is born.

Today I went out and worked on the Jensens. I have to remove the front fenders on the good car, but I didn't have any idea how to start, except I knew you had to remove the door to get at the screws in the rear, but I had never removed a door before. So I started with the beater so it wouldn't matter if I screwed up.

It turned out to be pretty easy to take the door off, but since the car is heavily rusted, getting the fasteners out proved to be a pain. Most of them I had to drill out.

I got tired of messing with the beater, so I went over to the good car, and it sure was a lor easier to work with a car that wasn't rusty. I still have to remmove the door, but I have the fender mostly loose. Maybe tomorrow I'll take the door off and see if I can't get the fender off.

It kinda seems like I'm going backwards, doing more taking apart than fixing. I have to be patient, although patience is not one of my better qualities. This whole project will be a lesson in patience.

I guess I'd better go "Spring Ahead".

2 comments:

rennratt said...

Don't think of it as two steps back.

Think of it as "change is good"!

I am so glad that your wife and daughter are working things out.

I'm sure it's not easy...but again: change is good!

Al said...

Renn: It sure makes my life better that they are getting along.

Maybe I should think of it as to steps in a different direction.