Tuesday, March 18, 2008

THAT'S Gonna be FUN!

I got an e-mail from my Uncle Ben yesterday.

It seems he is coming up from Mexico for a visit, and will be staying in Oregon with my cousin Ginger and her hubby, Pat.

So we will be having a small Family Reunion over the Memorial Day Weekend. I will be driving down in the Airstream. Me and Mrs A. and my Mom. And probably V.

I haven't seen Uncle Ben since Mrs A and I went down to visit him in Morelia four and a half years ago.

This will call for a family Canasta Tournament. Beer will be consumed. Stories will be told (some of them true!) Lots of food will be consumed. I have already promised to bring 100 egg rolls.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You gotta start doing some kind of mail order offer on these egg rolls, man.

Al said...

ncp: I've thought about selling them, but it's too much work, what with the licenses and food handling permits and everything.

Rick said...

You have connections in Mexico???? Dude. I'm just sayin'.

Al said...

Rick: Yeah, some pretty serious connections. Uncle Ben is the Professore/Doctore en Historie at the college de Michoucan de Morelia. There may be a plan in the long fun, but all I'M sayin is I can't wait to see him again.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Holy crap...it's been YEARS since I played canasta!

You're going to have a blast, aren't you?

sue said...

Sounds like lots of fun!