Sunday, March 09, 2008

Sunday

After Church and a little grocery shopping, I went out and worked on the "good" car. I got the door and fender off, and did a little fender pounding. The structure under the fender is a little bent up, but I am sure I can straighten it out. It will also give me an opportunity to undercoat and seal the structural bits while the fender is off.

Now that the fender is off, I can work on it in the basement rain or shine. Once again I have to be patient and take it one step at a time. I still need to take off the driver's side door and fender. If I get it running it will look pretty strange going around the block with no doors or front fenders.

But I am in no real hurry to get it running.

It is nice to have an extra hour of daylight at the end of the day.

For now it is a glass of burgundy, a run through the shower, and off to bed.

4 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I LOVE the time change in the evening....but in the morning, it's a real bitch (pardon my language). All I could think of when I got up at 4:45 this morning is that it was ACTUALLY 3:45!!! GAH.

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO tired right now.

Al said...

PQ:Yeah, I hate that it is still dark when I get up and head off to work, but it energizes me in the evenings when I still have time to putter around.

sue said...

It must be either warm there, or you have somewhere indoors to work on these vehicles?

I like the spring jump better... my dogs can't 'tell time', but they always wake up at about 5 or 5:30 a.m., so now they are sleeping until 6 or 6:30 (meaning I am, too!!)... until they re-adjust over the summer, then they'll be waking at 4 a.m. when we "fall back". Ugh. Wish they'd just leave the damn time alone!!

Al said...

Sue: I'd just as soon they left it on DST.

Last year I built a 20 X 20 deck 8' over the driveway, Unless it is really pouring, it stays pretty dry underneath, and if all else fails I can throw a tarp on the deck. Afternoon temps in the low 50's pretty much. Perfect working weather.