Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Another Craptastic Day

I am not going to work today, because I have to run V. to the hospital today.

He went in yesterday for his annual sports physical. They found a mass. So today we are going to first radiollogy to get an ultrasound, then to the urologist for an interpretation and diagnosis.

No matter whether the mass is cancerous or not, they are talking surgery. Poor kid has had a hard enough life without the threat of testicular cancer at age 16. They say he may have to sit out some of the sports season.

Did I mention that it is pouring rain?

And the window in our bedroom is leaking again, despite the fact that I caulked all around it on Sunday.

And I have two contractors coming to give estimates on the heat pump this afternoon.

After the day is over, I may be due for a visit to the Booze Emporium.

4 comments:

rennratt said...

Oh. My. God.

That poor guy. Testicular cancer is bad enough on its own.

But the threat of it at age SIXTEEN?

V. is definitely in my prayers today. Please let us know how the appointment turns out.

Al said...

Renn: Thanks, I'll keep in touch.

Sarah said...

I wish him all the best in dealing with whatever this turns out to be.

Thoughts and prayers to him and you all.

Al said...

Sarah: Thanks a lot