Thursday, August 07, 2008

Visitation

My little sistyugler is visiting from Many-sorta. She does this annually. Mainly to keep us all in line, I think.

In a fit of familiality, I have invited her and the kids over for dinner on Saturday. Of course I want to spend some time with them, and who would pass up an opportunity to torture ones nieces and nephews. I will have to spend some time hatching a scheme to spring on them.

HMMMM.....I just made some home-made horseradish sauce. I had some with my roast beef tonight. It was a tad bit stronger than I had anticipated. Sorta "don't breathe out of your nose" hot. That has possibilities.

Start them off with some fresh home made applesauce. They can help me make it. Then when I have lulled them into a false sense of security, I grill a couple of great steaks, then suck them in with a sly "Have you ever had home made Horseradish on your steak?"

BWAHAHAHA!

6 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

"who would pass up an opportunity to torture ones nieces and nephews. "

Not me...I LOVE messing with their heads! :)

Al said...

PQ: They are so trusting.....at least at first.

Sarah said...

What is it with messing with kids and horseradish sauce???? My grandma used to try to get me to put it on everthing!

To Al's nieces and nephews: RUN!!

Al said...

Sarah: It's great stuff. It just takes a little getting used to......

rennratt said...

At my house, I'D be the one tortured by the horseradish sauce. Nooze and Chachi both LOVE hot stuff.

Me? Not so much.

I'm such a wimp!

Al said...

Renn: We never had horseradish when I was growing up. My parents didn't like it, but I discovered it along the way, and have come to really love it. I can't wait to spring it on the kids.