Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Pokin' and Prodin'

I had my annual physical today. Mrs A. has been nagging at me lately, so I went ahead and submitted today.

Everything is OK. I needed a tetanus booster, but everything else looks good. I still need to go have them take blood, but it has to be eight hour fasting, so I won't go do that until Saturday.

Tomorrow I see the eye doctor. My perscription hasn't changed much in the last five years, but I noticed on Sunday that I was having a little trouble reading street signs, so I figure it will be about time for a new set of specs.

I told my boss that since I was getting a full dilation of my eyes, I wasn't sure if I could see coming to work afterwards.

4 comments:

Rick said...

Huh. Doin' exactly the same things myself. Especially hard to read the speed limits.

Al said...

Rick: I always figured those speed limit things were SUGGESTIONS anyway.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

First time I had my eyes dilated, when I left the doctors office, I thought "Hey, I'll stop at the grocery store and do a little shopping!" Got in there and couldn't read a damn thing.

DUH.

Hope all goes well for you...:)

Al said...

PQ: All is well. It was overcast most of the way home. Right at the last corner coming home, I was savagely attacked by an onslaught of viscous sunlight, but blinking with tears running down my face, I made it the last block home.