Sunday, August 03, 2008

Kites'n Stuff



Mrs A and I needed to get outa town for a couple of days, so Friday we packed up the Airstream and headed West until we ran out of land.

We ended up at Pacific Beach State Park. Had a couple of nice walks on the beach. There was a weird little man with his kites. He is evidently a known person in the world of kite flying. He certainly had some interresting kites. The big round one is about 18 feet in
diameter, and spins as it flies.

Flying penguins, bears, ships, all kinds of neat stuff.

The weather wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. It was overcast, but didn't rain. Good weather for walks on the beach, conversation and peacce and quiet.

We came home in time for the hydroplane races, the Blue Angels


and all the Seafaire hoopla. And as a special note to the PQ the boat and crew from "The Deadliest Catch" were on hand, giving out interviews and autographs.

This is what weekends are all about.




5 comments:

Rick said...

Did you see Sig Hansen on the Seafair coverage Saturday? SERIOUSLY hung over and regretting it. And we thought fishermen could drink.

Al said...

Rick: Only at sea, I guess. When the surface is all flat and doesn't roll, it does something to your sense of ballance.

Al said...

Sue: I keep forgetting to take my two string acrobatic kite with me when I go to the ocean. Maybe this means I secretly want to buy a better one........

rennratt said...

That sounds like a WONDERFUL weekend.

Especially the part with the guys from Deadliest Catch.

I LOVE that show!

Al said...

RENN: The interview I saw with them, they were loading cases of beer on the boat, and looking SOOOO hung over.