Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Reservations

Last night when we were just lazing around after dinner, Mrs A. says "You ought to make reservations for Lake Quinault this October".

This is the kind of task you don't have to encourage me to get on, so first this morning I went on line and booked the first weekend in October at the Lodge. It is one of our absolutely favorite places. Pristine mountains, streams and lake. Peace and quiet.

The reason I picked the first weekend in October is that it is prime time for picking wild mushrooms. Nothing like a nice plate full of Chantrelle mushrooms sauteed in butter with a little salt.

I also know a couple of places to get Cauliflower Mushroom, which is one of my favorites.

And no I don't know where you can get some psylocybin mushrooms. I probably wouldn't tell you if I did.

Try the nearest cow pasture.......

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm counting down the days until we leave for vacation in October! And while there won't be mushrooms, special or otherwise, there will be kava. And sharks. :)

Al said...

Sarah: You keep your sharks, and I'll keep my mushrooms......

Hope yyou hae an exceptional time.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

When I saw you were picking mushrooms, I thought "Aha! I just KNEW Al was a wild child! He's going to get all psychedelic up there at the lake!!!"

Then I thought.."Damn...I wish they'd invite me along!!!"

;)

My bad.

Al said...

Stacy: Show up at The Lake Quinault Lodge on Saturday, October 4th, and join us in The Boat House.

You can at least be there in your head.