Thursday, August 14, 2008

Turning Point

I took a step today that I swore I would never take.

A friend of mine at work, Linda gave me the business card of her handyman. And I intend to use it. Hell, I have always BEEN the handyman. For us, for my mom, for neighbors, for my kids.

The idea of paying someone else to do things I can do myself just kinda goes against the grain. It's just that I don't have the enegy to do everything any more. What energy I do have I would prefer to expend on Frankenhealey.

One more step on the downward spiral to Geezerdom.

Hey! You kids there! get offa my lawn!

9 comments:

Michael said...

Hey, you've just reached the point where TIME is more important than MONEY... nothing wrong with that! I'd rather pay someone to do things I won't want to do in order to free up time for things I DO want to do!

Al said...

Michael: They call that Rationalization. The use of logic to justify all kinds of stuff. But it sounds good from here.

Sarah said...

If you'd rather spend your time on Frankenhealy than on the kitchen sink, who should complain? No one. Enjoy the spare time it gives you and don't worry about Geezerdom. That happens when you can't find your teeth...

Al said...

Sarah: No chance of losing my teeth just yet, as they are all firmly planted in my gums.

Anonymous said...

I would always rather pay someone to do something for me... that way I have someone to blame when it goes wrong!!

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I really can't top what Michael said...that is the ABSOLUTE TRUTH!!!

Al said...

ncp: I think it is maybe a control thing. I want it done my way. And onli I know what that is. If I have to explain it, I might as well do it myself.

PQ: OK, OK, OK, I give. It's a good thing.

Sheesh

rennratt said...

Don't tell ME what to do, old man!

Al said...

Renn: Whippersnapper, I'll show you the back of mmy hand!

Kids these days got no respect. Why I remember back in the day.....

Blah, blah, blah.....