Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Avoidance

I've been puting off writing this for a whole bunch of reasons.

Like the wounds are too fresh and it is uncomfortable poking at them.

Let's start off by saying last weekend was not the best weekend I've ever had.

R. called Saturday morning and asked me to come and get her. There was some cursing involved. She was pissed at her room mate and wanted to move back home. As long as she is straight and making a sincere attempt too clean up her life, it is OK with me.

Mrs. A went off to the gym to work out. I had agreed to do the brakes on her Pathfinder, so I went down to the Auto Parts store and got new front pads. I waited for her to come home

and waited

and waited

and waited.

Four hours later she rolls into the driveway, so I can finally get started on the brakes. She pops out of the car and says "Let's go to Chang's for lunch." Well R. had just had a long conversation with her room mate and wanted to go back to her place, so I said "OK, but let me run R. home first."

Mrs A came unglued. After ranting and raving for a couple of minutes, she went and found R and lit in to her "Would you please make up your mind what the HELL you are doing.....blah, blah,blah"

R got pisseed off and stormed off saying "I'll walk, you old witch" and refused my offer of a ride. I haven't seen or heard from her since. She was having a real hard time getting herself straight, and Mrs A just dropped a turd in her punchbowl.

I have been worried about Mrs As mental state lately. Now that we have our house back and everything, I figured she would relax and lighten up. If anything, she has gotten worse. She goes aroung crying for no apparent reason. I mean, nothing bad is going on, but she has worked hersulf into such a state that tears start.

She said maybe it would be better if she just moved out. Now, nothing had happened between the two of us, just between her and R. This came from WWAAAYYY out in left field.

After spending considerable time and effort with her, she calmed down, and finally she asked "Do you think we are going to make it? You know, stay married?"

This is not the first time she has asked this, but it was the first time I couldn't be sure of the answer.

Then on Sunday, my brother-in-law's brother was killed in a hellicopter accident.

  • Russ Tom


  • I just don't want to think about any of this shit any more.

    9 comments:

    Rick said...

    Damn, that's some nasty business. And there's nothing you can do about any of it. Rest assured, this too, will pass.

    Al said...

    Yeah, like a kidney stone.

    Fish said...

    Al, chief, old Chinese curse: "may you live in interesting times"

    Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

    Wow...that post just blew me right out of the water. I feel so bad for all that's going on with you right now.

    Either way, it will work out and as Rick said, this too shall pass.

    But until it does, (speaking from personal experience), I think this is one of the BEST places to get stuff like this off your shoulders. God knows my blog probably saved me from going insane more than once.

    Hang in there, Al...

    Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

    I just wanted to add my condolences on your BIL's brother...he was so damn young.

    Al said...

    Fish: In the words of Ian Anderson (Juthro Tull):"The train it won't stop, but it should slow down."

    Stacy: Yeah, it is theraputic to put it down somewhere. Some savant once said "A thought is never truely complete until it is written down."

    Anonymous said...

    Hi Sorry to hear things aren't going so well. I've been told it takes 7 years for blended families to blend. So I feel for you. It's worth fighting for right?

    My girls are running me through the ringer with bad choices, which makes me glad I'm alone cause handling their behavior, work, and everything life throws at me plus provided what is needed in a new marriage, oh my goodness. So sorry about Russ, so sad. Miss you. ~Bea

    Al said...

    Bea: Thanks for stopping by and leaving your support. I spend most of my time helping other people, and when I get off track they don't know how to handle it. At times I need it as bad as anyone else.

    Al said...

    Denny: sometimes it's just your turn in the barrel. In the big dice game of life you just throw craps. (what a badly mixed metaphore!)