Sunday, October 22, 2006

Train Wreck Weekend

Didn't make it to jail with the band this weekend. I was busy overseeing a train wreck right here at home.

I talked to John on Friday night to say that I wasn't going to come up to Kenmore just to drive back down south, but would meet them at Mission Creek. That way I got to sleep in.

Mrs. A. was not going to go, because her dog, Molly is sick. We took her into the Vet on Thursday night, and she is still having problems. Nobody knows what is wrong with her, but she keeps throwing up and has the squirts.

So I slept in, and was just getting ready to leave when R. showed up. She immediately went over to the couch and crashed.

Mrs. A. asked her where was the DVD she "Borrowed" a week earlier, and she said it was still in somebody's car. Mrs. A. got on her case, and one thing led to another and it got out of hand. There were a lot of things said, very loudly, and then it got ugly. Punches were thrown, hair was pulled and lots of shoving and swinging.

I was stuck in the middle of it all, trying to keep them separated. Eventually R. was asssisted in leaving.

I changed all the locks in the house.

When I got up this morning Mrs. A. was packing. She said she was leaving.

She handed me a note that basically said that she had cost me my family, and I would be better off without her.

A whole bunch of tears and talk later, she said she would stay if I asked her to, which I did. And she did.

I am glad I was here Saturday, because who knows where things would have ended up. At one point, I restrained R. from going for the knife rack. It might have ended up with one in the hospital and the other in jail. Or worse.

I'm always stuck in the middle. If R. is not going to clean up her life, it is better if she doesn't come around. I guess I don't have to worry about that for a while.

I fell like I've been run over by a train.

Or maybe two of them.

7 comments:

rennratt said...

I am so sorry!

Y'all are in my thoughts and prayers.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

God, Al...sounds like things got very messy...I am SO SORRY to hear that!

And you are ABSOLUTELY right...if R. can't clean up her act, it's better if she doesn't come around. I know that's how my hubby and I would feel. Enough is enough already.

Al said...

Rennratt: Thanks. I need all the support I can get.

PQ: One of the worst things I have gone through recently.

It's hard to give up on someone you raised and love.

Rick said...

I was afraid it was something like that. You were missed, but we were prayin' for ya. Still am, for that matter. Hang in there.

Al said...

Rick: Thanks. I felt bad about not being there. When I make a committment, I take that seriously, but I'm glad I was at home to keep things from getting any worse than they were.

Daphnewood said...

Oh Al, I am so sorry that happened. I am glad you were there too for their safety but I know you must feel terrible for being put into the middle like that. I know you are hurting about sending R. away but it doesn't mean that you don't love her anymore. You are doing what is best and that is all a person can do in life. I am praying for you all. I wish I could give you a great big bear hug. This one will have to do (((HUG)))

Al said...

Daphnewood: ((HUGS)) Thanks, I needed that. As Mrs. A. said yesterday "You never have a lack of things to talk about on your Blog, do you?"