Thursday, October 12, 2006

But I'm much better now........

I was a big fan of Night Court. There was such an endless parade of characters. One of the bit parts was Harry's dad, played by John Aston (he was Gomez on the original Adams Family) he had spent some time in a mental institution, and when asked about it would go into some bizarre tale, which always ended with "But I'm much better now."

It always helps to write it down, get it out. Think of it as popping a big mental Zit. It hurts like hell until it is done, but a lot of relief afterwards.

So yesterday was one zit-popping pus draining post.

But I'm much better now.

So the memorial for Russ is Saturday. I was talking to my sis last night and they are expecting about 5,000 motorcyclists from all over the Northwest.

The chapel only seats 1,500.

It is going to be a complete circus. Little sis wants me there for support, and I want to be there for her and her hubby. One of my other sisters called her up yesterday and asked if she wanted her and mom to come, but she told them they didn't need to go, because Al would be there.

Guess I'm stuck now.

If nothing else, it should be entertaining.

I'll take pictures.

5 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

"So yesterday was one zit-popping pus draining post"

Uh...well...yuck (but that IS one terrific metaphor!!!) ;)

Glad you're better now (and I LOVED Night Court too...but Bull was my favorite!) :)

And yes, you are stuck, aren't you?

Al said...

Yeah, no way out. I can't blow off family.

It was a rather "Juicy" metaphore, wasn't it.

And don't forget the smart-mouthed old female bailif, what was her name Selma or something likr that.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

*groan* Juicy???? ;)

Yep, that was her name...the tiny little woman who smoked constantly (with the gravely voice).

WAAAAy back then, believe it or not, I used to have a little crush on John Larroquette (or however you spell his name)....he was Dan, the pervert prosecuter.

Rick said...

Is John playing bagpipes at the service? He usually gets called in for any and all things biker-related.

Al said...

John L???? he was such a womanizing scumbag.

Oh well, I trust you outgrew that.

Rick: I haven't a clue, since I have nothing to with the arrangements. Guess I'll find out on Saturday.