Monday, October 16, 2006

Captions

I suppose I should put some words down to go with the pictures.

The Church has parking lots on three sides. The second view is part of the South lot, There were more bikes out further, but I liked this view of the bikes lined up in the first row. The first shot is of the East lot. I didn't include the West lot because I didn't have a shot I liked.

The two other shots are of bikes that Russ designed. They are both really nice and really original. Both won trophys in custom bike shows.

The Memorial service was very tastefully done, although I did not know Russ could walk on water and change water to wine.

I on the other hand, can change wine back into water.

The ride and Memorial Service were covered on the local news. It was SRO. The chapel seats 1500, but there were people standing in the aisles and along the walls, and in the foyer and outside. There was enough black leather to upholster a herd of Black Angus and enough chains and zippers to start a small hardware store.

There was a ton of food and drink for the reception, and NO ALCOHOL.

I saw badges and colors from a half a dozen different motorcycle clubs. Everyone got along just fine. If you are a people watcher, this was the place to be.

It was a little disconcerting to glance over at the 250 lb, black leather clad, bearded and tatooed colors wearing bad-ass looking biker to watch him wipe a tear from the corner of his eye.

I was glad to be there for my sis. She was pretty shaken up by the whole thing. She doesn't like being center stage.

At ease

smoke em' if you have em'

2 comments:

Rick said...

I take it John wasn't piping that day.

(Don't bother coming to my site, the %$#@! database is down... taking my site with it... until my ISP finished updating it's %$#@! e-mail servers.)

Al said...

Nope, John wasn't there.

I visited your site this morning. What a mess! Looks like a bachelor pad after a kegger.