Thursday, October 26, 2006

Dangling Conversation

Which is, of course, a song by Simon and Garfunkel.

I was a big fan of Simon and Gatfunkel. "Bridge over Troubled Water" is still and incredible performance. Their words and music fit so well together. I mean, literate lyrics, and soulful sounds, right there together.

R. called last night. I had left her a message to get ahold of me.

I knew that after last weekends grudge death match with Mrs. A. that his would not be an easy conversation, but I don't want to lose touch with her completely.

She started off with a surly "You wanted me to call?"

I explaned that we needed to talk, because things were pretty messed up. We kinda did a little "She said, I said", but when I brought up the fact that she had threatened to kill Mrs. A. she completely denied it!

I told her "I was standing right there when you said 'I will kill you, bitch'. I am not imagining it"

So she told me I was lying, and then left me listening to the sounds of silence.

I wsh she would go get some help.

6 comments:

Rick said...

(Sigh) Ya gotta believe the miracle is out there. Someday, somewhere, the right person is gonna step into R's life and lead her back. Until then, those of us inclined to pray will continue to do so.

Al said...

Rick: You are so right. Got to leave this one in the Lord's hands, cause I can't do anything with it.

Al said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Daphnewood said...

you reached out to her and that is really all you can do. It is up to her now. I know it isn't easy. I am still praying for you and your family.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I agree with Daphnewood...you tried...that's about all you can do.

I'll say a little prayer for you and yours...:)

Al said...

Daphnewood: Thanks for the encouragement. I just want to leave the door open a crack.

PQ: You can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped.