Wednesday, October 18, 2006

No 'Mo

L. called last night to lay out her latest list of woes. It is always the end of civilization as we know it.

Only last night Mrs a. just told her "Not our problem. You and N. had better figure out how to tale care of it, cause A. and I have resigned as the national bank and help agency. If N. is not capable of taking care of you and the kid, you are facing some hard choices. Leave N. Stay with N. and put the kid up for adoption. Put the kid in foster care. You need to figure it out."

I was proud of her.

Afterwards she asked "Am I a bad mom?"

I told her she was such a bad mom that I heard they were asking for her resignation fom the Mommies Union. They were taking her picture out of the mommies manual and burning all the back copies.

Until she realized I was pulling her leg, I thought she was going to belt me.

Who's a smart ass?

You talkin' to ME?

I in all seriousness, told her that if she continued to enable their bad behavion, THAT would make her a bad mom.

But all in all, things seen to be stabilizing.

6 comments:

Rick said...

Yup, time to pull the plug. Drama class... dismissed.

Al said...

Denny: she can talk the talk, but has a little problem walking the walk. Can't blame her, it is a hard situation.

Rick: Quick, pull the curtain down!

Daphnewood said...

my friend had the same problem with her daughter. Eventually she took her own daughter to court and got custody of the grandkids. She ended up getting money from the state for taking them in too! Her daughter was livid because she no longer had a cash cow (welfare check) and couldn't use the kids as reason to beg. Stand strong Mrs. A.! And that wasn't nice, Mr. Smartass to tease her like that ;)

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Good for Mrs. A.!!!

Stay tough!

Michael said...

I think "enablement" is a national epidemic. I have too many friends with teen-aged kids who are already royal terrors, unable to think for themselves, behave in a civilized fashion, want everything handed to them on a silver plate. Seems like a whole generation coming that needs a little more "tough love."

Al said...

Daphnewood:Yeah, my mouth gets me in more trouble. Stand by for more.

Stacy: hanging in there.

Michael: yeah, Mrs A. and I have talked about this very subject. SHe basically raised her kids a a single mom working two jobs. I only worked one, but I was their sole source of support. We worked because we HAD to. Lots of kids today just seem to expect to be taken care of.