Monday, January 29, 2007

Attitude

I have an attitude problem this morning.

I got it from Mrs. A.

The dog woke her up at 1:00 wanting to go out, so she got up and took the dog out. While she was up, she noticed that the garbage had not been taken out. I know because she woke me out of a sound sleep to tell me.

I went right back to sleep.

So when I woke up this morning, it was the first thing I heard from her. V. didn't take out the garbage. Before I was even out of bed. She pushed past me and knocked on his door, and in her very best fishwife screech started in on him.

When she came in the bathroom, I suggested that there was perhaps a better way to handle it than screeching, it was like throwiing gasoline on a campfire. It was perhaps not the smartest thing I have done recently. What can I say? It was zero dark thirty and I am not at my best when I first wake up.

When she got around to the part where she always has to be the one to get V. to do anything, I told her that I do my fair share in that department, she claimed sole ownership of the territory, so I asked "So I am a liar as well?"

Once again, not the best move.

Not the way I wanted to start the week.

6 comments:

Michael said...

Look on the bright side, at least you're safe at work now. Of course, you have to go home later... ;-)

Al said...

As long as I resist the impulse to send a scathing e-mail to her, it will be fine. I get home first, and I need to clean up the spare bedroom, so I will probablu haul my laptop upstaris and shut the door.

Rick said...

I'm not sure what it sounds like, but I'm pretty sure I never want to hear the "fishwife screech."

Al said...

It resembles the sound of fingernails on a blackboard, but its pitch and timbre are designed to stab directly into the male psyche.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Ooo...no, not a good start to the morning.

Know what? I actually gave up on anyone at Palace Peanut taking out the garbage. I don't even bother to ask The PK to do it anymore because he "forgets", so I save my breath and do it myself. Keeps me a lot calmer than if I have to give him the "fishwife screech", which I HAVE been known to do...;)

Good luck, hon....I'll keep my fingers crossed for you...;)

Al said...

PQ: Everything is fine. I'm not sure what caused the problem in the first place.