Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Generator


So here is the generator I bought last night. When I got to the dealer, they had it serviced and ready to go. Choke it a little, one pull and it was off and running. The showed me how to operate it.

I should show Mrs A. how to run it I guess. On the low setting it will run for 15 1/2 hours on a tank of gas.

It is small and light enough that I can pick it up with one hand. It will come in real handy when we go camping.

There was a light dusting of snow when we got up this morning. I woke up at 4:00 this morning and looked out the window to check, and it was bare. When Mrs A. got up at 5:oo she came right back upstairs and said "Uh, honey, take a look outside."

Sure enough, Jack Frost had crapped in the street.

Luckily, by the time I rolled out, it had pretty much turned to mush.

They are saying it will be pretty cold for the next couple of dys, getting down into the low 20s and high teens at night, and "warming up" into the low 30's in the afternoon.

If I wanted that stuff, I would have stayed in Idaho.

5 comments:

Michael said...

Out of curiosity, what does a generator like that cost? I can see the benefit...

Al said...

They ain't cheap. MSRP is $1079.00. Mine was on sale for 999.00. For the same amount of money you can get a lot more output, but you also get a gas guzzling loud machine, and the word "Portable" is only a fantasy.

Rick said...

Have you looked out the window lately? Snow moved into my neighborhood (northend) about 4pm. Three inches and counting. I don't think they predicted THIS. And yer right about the costs. I bought the cheapo Coleman generator from Costco... $550 for 6800 watts... but noisier than a Black & Decker vibrator.

Al said...

We had an appointment at Group Health this evening. It took us 40 minutes to get there, and 3 1/2 hours to get home.

Right now it looks like about 5" of snow, with more to come. I don't know if I'll even TRY to make it to work tomorrow.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Eeeeeshhhh....now I feel bad for pissing and moaning about it getting down to 47º here last night.

Luckily we're warming up again...should be 75º here today! You and the Mrs. wanna come and visit? ;)

(But I SURE wouldn't mind having some of them there "snow days" home from work!) ;)