Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Blog Frustration

I had a very busy day today at work, so time to hit the blogs was at a premium. So of course Blogger was being updated, and every time I tried to comment, my comment just disappeared into the ether. I just gave up after the third attempt.

We are expecting a snowstormm tonight, so I went out and bought a generator after work tonight. I bought a super silent Honda 2000. A little moe expensive, but very small and light. I can carry it with one hand, so we can take it camping, and it's quiet enough that it shouldn't disturb people around us.

I heard fromm R. and she is living in Black Diamond and working for a property management company. It is a temp job, but a lot of times temp jobs can work into something permanent. I hope, I hope, I hope.

6 comments:

Rick said...

That's a sweet little generator. Mine's not so sweet... loud as a ferry foghorn, but crankin' out 6800 watts and drivin' the neighbors outta town.

Al said...

I spent a lot of time checking out different stuff, being an Engineer and a geek. I even checked out inverters, which are cool, but are only good for about 24 hours.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

All I can say is "Thank God for generators!"

No electricity SUCKS.

Daphnewood said...

man you guys are getting battered this season! We have a "possibility" of snow this weekend. I think it will just get to freezing temperatures and stay there. I don't mind 20 degree weather when there is no ice on the ground. Well anyway, keep safe and I hope you don't lose electricity. Save the new toy for the camping trips ;)

ps. I'll keep my fingers crossed for R.

Al said...

PQ: A light dusting of snow this morning. One day without electricity is kind like camping out, after that is sucks.

D: This is a winter to remember. I figure things will be OK now, since I got a generator. Buying one pretty much guarantees the power won't go out for about five years.

rennratt said...

I'm glad that R. has a temp job.

I began a temp job while pregnant with Nooze (receptionist).

I am now in my 7th year with the place, and am management.

It CAN work out. Knocking wood!