Monday, January 15, 2007

New Toy



I finally managed to break out the Huskies and dogsled and mush down to Fry's to spend my Christmas money.

I bought an iPod Nano 8 gig MP3 player, and a docking station/stereo.

I spent a good part of Saturday recording CD's on my laptop and then on to the i-Pod. I put on twenty some albums, and only used about 1/6 of the memory. Tonight I will bring home a bunch of CDs from work and load those. Then I suppose I'll need to go but some new music.

The only problem with it is that you have to have iTunes to use it, or it has to be compatible. My boom box at work has an MP3 port, but it still won't play my iPod because I can't download iTunes.

I downloaded Jonny Lang's new CD (Turn Around) at home and am listening to it as I type this. I really like it. It is consideraby cheaper to get it on-line than at the store. Ten bucks as opposed to fifteen. I know some think it is stupid too pay anything, since you can download it for free from one of the pirated music sites. I think it is unethical to steal music, and so far I have never done that, although I do copy CD's.

On the other hand, the weather is still freezing. It briefly got above freezing yesterday, and it wasn't as cold last night as it has been. But to counterballance that, they are predicting more of the white stuff tomorrow.

I want to hear about this Global Warming stuff again.

2 comments:

Rick said...

Welcome to the new millennium! Yer gonna love it. My 30-gig iPod currently has 3398 songs on it (between 3-400 albums) and it's only half full! Not sure what you're saying about MP3s and iTunes... iPod will play/save/convert/export either one.

Al said...

Sure. iPod will play them, but my computer at work won't because the format is not compatible with me laptop software, and I don't have admin priveleges.